causing a feeling that something is wrong or that someone is behaving wrongly; causing suspicion; having or showing a feeling that something is wrong or that someone is behaving wrongly
- We were instructed to report any suspicious activity/behavior in the neighborhood.
- The suspicious vehicle was reported to police.
- He died under suspicious circumstances. [=under circumstances that suggest a crime may have been committed]
- Suspicious characters were seen hanging around the bank.
- He found a suspicious lump on his back and was afraid it might be cancer.
- Officials are suspicious about her death.
- His manner made me suspicious.
- She became suspicious of his behavior.
- The dog is suspicious of strangers. [=the dog does not trust strangers]
- We noticed the suspicious stare of the security guard.
- “Is there someone in the bedroom?” he asked suspiciously.
- The security guard stared at us suspiciously.
- He was acting/behaving suspiciously.
- The answers on the two students’ tests are suspiciously alike.
- This sounds suspiciously like an excuse to get out of work.
- подозрительно, с подозрением