happening often but not regularly; not constant or steady
- a city subjected to sporadic bombing raids — город, который время от времени подвергается бомбардировкам
- Sporadic cases of the disease were reported. — Сообщалось о единичных случаях данного заболевания.
- Until then, her art had been experimental, uneven, sporadic.
- This neighborhood is plagued by constant deterioration because of absentee landlords, lack of income to repair homes, few employment opportunities, crime, sporadic city services, and so on.
- It all adds up to a very uneven, sporadic film experience.
- She occasionally breaks out a trumpet for some sporadic, appropriate bursts.
- спорадический, единичный, случайный, нерегулярный