Wary and unwilling to take risks; thinking carefully about possible risks before doing or saying something
- circumspect player
- circumspect strategy
- grow circumspect
- to be circumspect
- Physicians are now more circumspect about recommending its use.
- The governor was usually circumspect when dealing with the media.
- …she has a reputation for being quiet and circumspect in investigating charges of child abuse…
- the officials were very circumspect in their statements
- They are circumspect [=cautious] in all their business dealings.
- осмотрительный, осторожный, продуманный