Unattractive and objectionable.
- rebarbative modern buildings
- Matthew Turner dug up some of his more rebarbative columns.
- It is too perversely rebarbative an opera to be, as I say, exactly enjoyable, but you begin to wonder if life, with its sado-masochistic tensions below the surface, isn’t sometimes like this.
- Yet the text is neither dense nor rebarbative, and the author provides summaries of the argument as she proceeds from stage to stage.
- Quantification of aims and accomplishments may seem less rebarbative to scientists than to humanists.
противный, непривлекательный, неприветливый, суровый, неинтересный, скучный