to avoid telling the truth by not directly answering a question
- Government officials prevaricated about the real costs of the project.
- …during the hearings the witness was willing to prevaricate in order to protect his friend…
- ‘I’m not sure,’ he prevaricated.
- he seemed to prevaricate when journalists asked pointed questions
- That is they kept quibbling and prevaricating and showing stubbornness.
- Aside from our agent, I too was at a loss as to why we were still prevaricating over the deal.
- You can’t just sit about prevaricating forever.
- кривить душой, увиливать, говорить уклончиво