to officially tell someone to use (a medicine, therapy, diet, etc.) as a remedy or treatment; to make (something) an official rule
- My doctor prescribed this medicine. = This medicine was prescribed by my doctor.
- This drug should not be prescribed to children.
- a drug commonly prescribed to treat rashes
- The doctor prescribed three months of physical therapy for my leg injury.
- The law prescribes a prison sentence of at least five years for the crime.
- The regulations prescribe that all employees must pass a physical examination.
- We must follow the rules as prescribed by the government.
- the prescribed dosage of a drug
- Members must obey the prescribed rules of conduct.
- предписанный, положенный