possibly true; believable or realistic
- His story certainly sounds plausible.
- It is plausible to assume that they will not accept our invitation.
- …it’s a plausible explanation for the demise of that prehistoric species…
- …the newspaper was spoofed by a supposedly plausible claim of a UFO encounter…
- a plausible pretext
- more plausible explanation
- the argument was both powerful and plausible
- likely / plausible / true story
- правдоподобный, вероятный, благовидный, умеющий внушать доверие