A pleasant smell that frequently accompanies the first rain after a long period of warm, dry weather.
- other than the petrichor emanating from the rapidly drying grass, there was not a trace of evidence that it had rained at all
- Petrichor comes from atmospheric haze, which contains the terpenes, creosotes and other volatile compounds that emanate from plants.
- I am wondering if they will get the time and the open space to experience the petrichor in the air.
- The musty, barky smell of fresh rain fallen on the dry earth is petrichor.
- Петрикор — землистый запах, который
ощущается после дождя