The partially shaded outer region of the shadow cast by an opaque object.
- penumbra cone
- cosmic ray penumbra
- eclipse penumbra
- image penumbra
- penumbra field
- sunspot penumbra
- …a penumbra of despair fell over the doomed city…
- …the lunar eclipse began with a subtle darkening of the lunar surface as it passed within the Earth’s penumbra…
- A penumbra of fiery purple encircles this near-seamless construction of photographs, objects and painted images on wood.
- Our planet’s shadow has two parts, a dark inner core called the umbra and a pale outer fringe called the penumbra.
- полутень, полусвет; полумрак