a violent attack
- an onslaught by the enemy
- The article recommends several things you can do to prevent the onslaught of the disease.
- Employers are expecting an onslaught of recent college graduates [=a very large number of recent college graduates] looking for jobs.
- In December they launched a full-scale onslaught on the capital.
- …the massive onslaught of enemy troops caught the country by surprise…
- He praised his wife for her dignity under the onslaught of the tabloid press.
- натиск, нападение, атака, бешеная атака