the property of being very small in size; 2. great precision; painstaking attention to details;
- John Stuart Mill remarked that Grote’s History was written ‘with the precision and minuteness of one who neither desires nor expects that anything will be taken upon trust’.
- While Pascal speaks of the infinities of minuteness and expansion, Baudelaire’s infinities are personal and communal.
- This was the most she could pull off — the smallness of the crime, the minuteness of the act itself — and yet, so fearsome the punishment.
- He had studied the case with the minuteness with which a scholar studies a dead language.
- незначительность, малость, детальность