to cause (someone) to be less affected by something unpleasant; to cause (someone) to be less sensitive to something unpleasant
- He was early inured to work. — Он с раннего возраста был приучен к работе.
- He was inured to the cold
- …the hardship of army training inured her to the rigors of desert warfare…
- The tidal wave inundated vast areas of cropland.
- Does violence on television inure children to violence in real life?
- вступать в силу, служить, приучать, становиться действительным, идти на пользу