showing approval; expressing approval; giving or providing what is desired
- The new play got many favorable reviews.
- He was given a favorable recommendation.
- They gave a favorable answer to our request. [=they said they would grant our request]
- a favorable comparison = a comparison favorable to someone
- She made a very favorable [=good] impression on her future colleagues.
- a favorable wind
- The plants grow rapidly under favorable [=advantageous] conditions.
- Early test results were favorable.
- The play was favorably reviewed.
- I was very favorably impressed by the candidate.
- They responded favorably to our request.
- The wine compares favorably with some that are far more expensive.
- The patient responded favorably [=well] to the medicine.
- благоприятный, подходящий, удобный, благосклонный, симпатизирующий