Treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.
- This is a very sad event, and it would be wise to avoid facetious remarks about aggrieved clients and — more particularly — would-be clients.
- I’m not being facetious, or trying to use comic effect.
- I could so easily be facetious about this piece of news.
- You learn very soon never to tell a joke or make a facetious remark.
- But snobbishness is, in its way, a serious subject, and another, less facetious book could easily be written about it.
- At the risk of sounding facetious, we must keep dancing.
- шутливый, шуточный, остроумный, веселый, живой