expressing personal opinions or beliefs as if they are certainly correct and cannot be doubted
- She’s become so dogmatic lately that arguing with her is pointless.
- …a critic’s dogmatic insistence that abstract expressionism is the only school of 20th century art worthy of serious study…
- he gives his opinion without trying to be dogmatic
- Cell Theory then rapidly turned into a more dogmatic cell doctrine, and in this form survives up to the present day.
- After all, it is, I suppose, a bit dogmatic to absolutely insist the whole thing is state controlled.
- By contrast the authority’s expert witness was emphatic, even dogmatic, in his evidence.
- There could be few things more dogmatic than the many dictates of Leftist political correctness!
догматический, безапелляционный, самоуверенный, диктаторский