happening or beginning now or in recent times; existing or happening in the same time period; from the same time period
- contemporary [=modern] jazz/poetry/art/furniture
- The story is old, but it has importance to contemporary [=current] audiences.
- The book is based on contemporary accounts of the war. [=accounts of the war that were written when the war was happening]
- He was a contemporary of George Washington.
- She is politically very different from most of her contemporaries.
- прил.: современный; разг. в современном стиле; по последней моде; модерновый; (часто with) современный (чему-л.); одновременный
- сущ.: современник; ровесник, сверстник