to laugh because you are amused or pleased by something
- to chortle with delight — фыркать от удовольствия
- with a chortle — со смешком
- Harry chortled with delight.
- He chortled, “You’re going to love this.”
- …audiences might chortle gently during the movie’s amusing bits, but there are few knee-slappers…
- he chortled at his own pun
- His rapt audience, 16 Indian cricket players in blue blazers, chortled in approval, and later took turns to pump the general’s hand.
- When my flatmates, years ago, chortled through Arachnophobia, I was rigid with terror and couldn’t sleep all night.
- The band stood there chortling: ‘Your pants, Adrian.’
- ‘Guess you can’t become an American citizen,’ he chortled.
- сдавленный смех, хихиканье, ликование, хихикать, громко ликовать