feeling or showing regret; expressing an apology
- he was very apologetic
- manner of apologetic messages
- apologetic tone
- be openly apologetic
- apologetic theory
- be apologetic
- he spoke in an apologetic tone
- speak in an apologetic tone
- to be apologetic
- We received an apologetic letter and a full refund from the company.
- an apologetic smile
- They were apologetic about the mistake.
- She seemed almost apologetic about buying a new car.
- He smiled apologetically.
- “I’m sorry I’m late,” she said apologetically.
примирительный, апологетический, извиняющийся, защитительный, оправдывающийся