to unite (two or more things, such as two businesses) into one thing
- to amalgamate companies [businesses]
- to amalgamate interests
- to amalgamate races
- they’ve just been amalgamated with a Birmingham company
- Our firm will be amalgamated with a Japanese company.
- They amalgamated the hospital and the university.
- Stir until the ingredients are amalgamated.
- The agency is expected to amalgamate with the National Rivers Authority.
- the amalgamated colleges constituted a university
- The editors will amalgamate all the information into one article.
- объединять, объединяться, сливать, сливаться, соединять, соединяться