The action or fact of abasing or being abased; humiliation or degradation.
- Throughout history a doffed hat has symbolized defeat, humility and abasement before one’s betters.
- I beg that someone will recognise my abasement and meet my very human but mutually exclusive needs.
- She allows us to examine our own appetites for public abasement without feeling guilty.
- It is not so much an abasement of self as an acknowledgment that one’s own way may not be the only or even the best way.
- Welcome to the complete and total abasement of our Party.
- Perhaps what takes Hamlet so much time in the play is that a ritual of abasement needs to performed.
- унижение, уничижение, понижение